All Hindu people know about Ravana, Rama, Sita. Ravana is better known and remembered as the demon king who kidnapped Sita whom Rama defeated and killed, in a battle fought at Lanka and in India his decease is celebrated as Dussehra or Vijayadashami to commemorate the triumph of good over evil. But the King Ravana was much more than that according to some sagas.
Ravana is also worshipped as a God in few sects. There are several places in India and Sri Lanka where Ravana is worshiped. In Kakinada, Andhra Pradesh there is a huge Shivalinga supposedly installed by Ravana himself. Both Shivalinga and Ravana are worshiped by the fishermen community there.
Thousands of Kanyakubja Brahmins of the village Ravangram of Netaran, in the Vidisha District of Madhya Pradesh, perform daily puja (worship) in the Lord Ravana temple and offer naivedyam/bhog (a ritual of sacrifice) to the Gods.
Why Do We Celebrate Dussehra (Vijayadashami) – Short Essay
Traditionally, in India, the festival of Dussehra was always full of celebrations, where the whole society mingled to laud the victory of truth and goodness. But as foreign influences and incursions surfaced over the past two hundred years, we have forgotten our cultural inheritance.
Even now in some parts of the country Dussehara is equally vibrant, but it is being forgotten in the rest of the realm. Dussehra is not just a festival that belongs to Hindu deities but also a symbolic way to remind everyone that we need to analyze ourselves and then overcome our sins.
The Festival Of Dussehra Celebrations: Dussehra, is a cultural festival of great importance that follows the nine days of Navratri. The 9-day long festival Navratri is replete with a metaphor about conquering the evil and lewd essence, and to adore all phases of life and for the people and purposes that contribute to our happiness.
Vijayadashami – The Day of Victory: After 9 days of battle over evil and vicious thoughts, Vijayadashami is the day for celebrating the victory. This carries home the message of how being in humility and restraint from evil thoughts in our courses drives us to triumph.
Happy Dussehra Wallpapers, Greetings & WhatsApp Wishes
How to celebrate dussehra festival at home: Dress up your kids as various figures from the epic Ramayana and make them realize how good people fought by the side of Rama reciting the tales of this legendary battle between good and evil. Tell them that Dussehra is a symbolic celebration to acknowledge the triumph of the good virtues over the vicious thoughts.
Eco-friendly Dussehra celebration: Usually, the Puja Pandals are adorned with non-degradable Thermocol sheets, plastic products causing a huge volume of waste. So restrict your decoration to paper goods and other natural degradable things like bamboo.
Firecrackers that are used to make the huge effigies of Ravana emit poisonous smoke that pollutes the air. Amidst celebratory aberration, people tend to rupture firecrackers in a large scale. It is difficult to get away from them, but try to reduce the numbers.
Traditionally, eco-friendly clay was used to build the statues which were taken over by plaster of Paris (PoP), that pollutes the water and does not diffuse easily. Then these idols are painted with highly toxic paints to make them more lustrous, PoP and these chemical paints make the sculptures tough to recycle. Using clay and natural paints is the right way.
Dussehra 2017: Best quotes, SMSes, Hindi wishes to share on WhatsApp
अपने अंदर से अहंकार को निकाल कर स्वयं को हल्का करें
क्यूंकि ऊँचा वही उठता है जो हल्का होता है..
आइए इस दशहरा पर प्रण लें
खुद को बुरे विचारों और अहंकार से ऊपर उठाकर सद्विचारों का अनुसरण करने का
इतिहास गवाह रहा है
कि जब भी बुराइयों का अंधकार हुआ है
इश्वर ने सत्य के उजाले से उसका हरण किया है
सत्य में यकीन रखें, विजय अवश्य मिलेगी – Happy Vijayadashami
दशहरा सिर्फ एक पर्व नहीं यात्रा है..
असत्य से सत्य की ओर..
अंधकार से प्रकाश की ओर..
प्रभु श्री राम इस यात्रा में आपका पथ आलोकित करें!
दशहरा प्रतीक है..
परोपकार, पराक्रम, प्रेम व पुरुषार्थ का
आइए इस विजयदशमी पर संकल्प लें..
मर्यादा पुरुषोत्तम श्री राम की राह पर चलने का…
Dussehra 2017: Wishes, Images and Greetings to share on WhatsApp, Facebook
Everyday sun rises to give us a message –
‘Darkness will always be beaten by light’.
Let us follow the same natural rule and
Enjoy the festival of good over evil.
A time to revere,
The victory of good virtues over vicious thoughts
Let us imbibe the same spirit in us.
Inside each of us,
there is the seed of both good and evil.
Let us pledge to choose the right over wrong.
The line between the good and evil is penetrable
And we need to understand this difference and never fall on the wrong side of the coin.
Shocking facts about Ravana no one knows!
Here are few mind blowing facts about Ravana can amaze you with the other side of story:
- It is a well-known fact that Ravana was one of the most intelligent scholars of that time, keeping that in mind, Rama asked Lakshman to sit beside the dying Demon-brahman who shared some important lessons in statecraft and diplomacy.
- Some versions of the Ramayana say that King Ravana did not in fact have ten heads, but it appeared so because his mother gave him a necklace of nine pearls that caused an optical illusion for any observer. In another version, it is said that to please Shiva, Ravana chopped his own head into pieces, but his devotion made each piece spawn into another head.
- Ravans’s father was the famous rishi, Vishrava, who himself was a son of Prajapati Pulastya, one of Brahma’s ten ‘mind-born’ sons. So, that makes Ravana Brahma’s Great-grandson. Ravana was born to a rishi Vishrava and demon princess Kaikesi which made him partly Brahmin and partly daitya.
- Almost every Indian knows that Ravana was a great devotee of lord Shiva, but what most people don’t know is that Ravana had also composed a beautiful hymn called Shiva Tandav for lord Shiva. The hymn is very popular among Shaivites. The name ‘Ravan’ was conferred by Lord Shiva himself to his greatest devotee.
- Lanka was built by Vishwakarma and was acquired by Kubera, Ravana’s half brother. When Ravana returned from his penance, he won the complete control over Lanka from Kuber and the kingdom flourished under his rule. It is believed that even the poorest of houses had vessels made up of gold and hunger vanished from the country. The rise of Lanka speaks volumes about him being a wise and a just ruler. Ravana had not only conquered a big land with a lot of humans but also celestial and other demons that made him the almighty of asuras.
- It is believed that Ravana was powerful enough who can even interfere with planetary alignments. Epics say that during the birth of his son Meghnad, Ravan ordered the planets to stay in 11th house of the child, that would grant him immortality. But, Saturn, or Shani, refused to do so and stood in the 12th house. Ravan got so angry that it is believed that he attacked Shani Dev and even imprisoned him.
Who played Ravan in Ramanand Sagar Ramayan: Arvind Trivedi who basically hails from Gujarati cinema portrayed the role of Ravan in Ramanand Sagar’s television series Ramayan. He also appeared in other TV serials like Vikram Aur Betaal and others.
King Ravana’s Family Tree
What is the name of Ravana’s mother: Kaikesi was Ravana’s mother. Ravana’s father Vishrava abandoned his first wife Ilavida and his son Kubera to espouse Kaikesi, and fathered Ravana, Vibhishana, Kumbhakarna and a daughter, Shurpanakha from her. When Ravana ousted Kubera and crowned himself King of Lanka, a sickened Vishrava repudiated his demonic children and returned to Ilavida.
How many wives did Ravana have: As per Thai Ramayana Mural, Ravana had two wives. The Thai Emerald Buddha Temple has a monument of the demon king Ravana who sits on a throne with two of his wives. Lord Ravana was wedded to Mandodari, the daughter of the celestial architect Maya, Dhanyamalini. Some scriptures suggest he had a third wife too.
How many brothers and sisters did Ravana have: King Ravana had four brothers and two sisters. In some scriptures, Khara and Dushana are also termed as his brothers and in some epics they are termed as maternal cousins.
- Lord Kubera – The keeper of all the celestial wealth Kubera was an older half-brother of Ravana; they were born to the same father by different mothers.
- Vibhishana – A great disciple of Lord Rama and one of the most important characters in the Ramayana.
- Kumbhakarna – One of the most jovial demons in Hindu history. He was tricked into asking for eternal sleep by Lord Brahma as a boon. Ravana persuaded Lord Brahma to mitigate the power of the boon by making Kumbhakarna sleep for six months and being awake for rest six months of a year (in some versions, he is awake for one day out of the year).
- Ahiravana – Ahiravana was the son of sage Vishrava and a brother of Ravana, he was a demon with superpowers who clandestinely took away Lord Rama and his brother Lakshmana to the Patal (nether-world).
- Kumbhini – Sister of Lord Ravana and the wife of the demon Madhu, King of Mathura, she was the mother of Lavanasura (an Asura who was killed by Shatrughna, the youngest brother of Lord Ram).
- Surpanakha – She was the ultimate root of the kidnapping of Sita. She was the one who prompted her brothers to wage a war against Lord Ram.
How many sons Ravana did have:
King Ravana had seven sons from his three wives:
- Meghnaad was the eldest son of Ravana and his wife Mandodari. He was called Meghanada after his birth because his birth cry echoed like thunder. He was married to Sulochana, the chaste daughter of the King of the Serpents, Shesha Naga. Meghnaad is also known as Indrajit because he defeated Lord Indra.
- Atikaya was the younger brother of Indrajit (Meghanada) and was remarkably powerful. Once upon a time when he angered Lord Shiva atop Mount Kailasha, the god threw his Trishul at Atikaya, but Atikaya grabbed the Trishul in mid-air and folded his hands before the deity in a gentle way. Lord Shiva was gratified at seeing this and benevolently ordained Atikaya with the enigmas of archery and celestial weapons.
- Akshaya Kumara was the youngest son of King Ravana. He battled courageously with Lord Hanumana, aiming several lethal weapons at him. Lord Hanuman had to kill him, despite being profoundly fascinated by the young prince’s courage and skills.
- Devantaka was killed by Lord Hanuman during the Rama-Ravana war.
- Narantaka was in charge of a militia consisting of 720 million demons. He with his army was slain by the Bali’s son Angada.
- Trishira meshed Lord Rama in a battle and hit him with a number of arrows. At this Lord Ram told him that the arrows were nothing but like flowers being showered on his body and was eventually killed by him.
- Prahasta was Chief Commander of King Ravana’s army in Lanka.
Interesting Fact About Kumbhakarna
Was Kumbhakarna a good kind of devil: When Kumbhakarna was roused from his sleep during Rama-Ravana war, he sought to convince King Ravana to begin negotiations with Lord Ram and return Sita to him. But like Vibhishana, he too failed to correct the plans of Ravana.
Though, adhered to a brother’s responsibility, he fought on the side of King Ravana and was slain in the battleground. Before succumbing to death he met Vibhishana and commended him for following the way of uprightness.
Doctor vs Engineer – What Will Be A Better Career Option For You – Ask Yourself!
After 10th Class Exam, the biggest transition of the life takes place in every student’s life, a student has to decide his career path after high school. While hanging between the choices whether to go for arts, commerce or science after 10th, the most challenging task is to pick one among stream – medical vs non-medical.
It all starts in Class 11. As soon as you pass your high school, you start questioning yourself what to do after 10th class and start hovering around the list of careen options after 10th in arts, commerce and science stream. But if you are amongst the top 10 students of your class, half the people in your little world would advise you to become a doctor or an engineer.
Gender biases the inescapable ingredient of Indian society gives a shot here too. One of the greatest Bollywood flick 3 Idiots was not far off that Indian parents think:
Ladka hua to Engineer, Ladki hui to Doctor
If it is a boy, he will become an engineer. If it is a daughter, she will turn out to be a doctor.
These ideals do not work in real lives.
Your choice of career after 10th depends on a number of factors:
- Your passion and motives,
- Your capacity to study,
- Access to good study resources,
- Affordability of the program you choose,
- Importance of money in your life,
- How long can you wait until you earn?
- Your mobility (Are you an only child who can’t leave your parents and shift to another place? Are you not allowed to move out of town to pursue your study or career interests for any reason?), and
- Your board exam marks (which might limit your options when it comes to taking Science subjects).
Here is a step-by-step guide on deciding whether you should become an Engineer or a Doctor:
Do you like Math or hate it?
It is the first indication of what your career choice should be. If you ‘like’ Math and calculation and solving new problems, engineering might be the profession for you. If you ‘hate’ Math and waiting to get rid of it, medical studies might be your best bet.
This approach might be simple but may not be accurate. Remember, aversion of a subject lasts only as long as you don’t study it. So, if you don’t like Math, you can still be an engineer if you work hard. Yet, in most cases, it works.
We study Math right from the kindergarten classes. If you have not developed an interest in the subject, you might want to drop it as your core subject in Class 11 and focus on subjects where you can use your natural instincts better.
Also Read: जानें क्यों है नॉन मेडिकल कॉमर्स से बेहतर
Medical preparation requires you to solve Physics and Chemistry numerical – so you’ll still need a bit of Math, but it will not be as difficult as ones you’ll have to tackle in all three of your subjects (Physics, Chemistry, and Math) as an engineering aspirant.
Does Rote Learning come naturally to you?
Engineers require higher critical thinking, logic, reasoning, and problem-solving abilities than doctors. On the other side, doctors need to remember facts and figures, and information (a lot of information actually) about human or animal bodies, diseases – their symptoms, causes, and treatments, and a lot of other stuff. It means that doctors need to have the ability to a lot of reading, and commit the information to their memories for later use.
NEET coaching expert Nishtha Gupta shares, “In Botany and Zoology, the ability to rote learn something is a must. Physics and Chemistry are reasoning-based. You can just learn formulas in these subjects, and understand the application of concepts. In Botany and Zoology, it is all about learning. I recommend my students to use flashcards or quiz-based educational apps to be able to learn them better.”
It is not all about entrance exam preparation. You’ll need the same abilities once you get admission in B.Tech or MBBS programs – and even to your career lives.
If you are not good at problem-solving or coming up with innovative solutions, you’ll never be able to succeed as an engineer. As a doctor, you’ll never want for work, but you’ll be able to reach the top ranks only if you remain updated about the latest medical trends and research.
Remember, participating in the national and international conferences as a speaker or as an attendee is one of the essential aspects of carving out a big name as a doctor.
Do you prefer Direct Questions?
All the coaching providers, who provide both IIT JEE coaching as well as medical coaching programs, agree that the difficulty level of engineering exam question papers is higher than that of medical entrance exams – including the highly competitive AIIMS exam.
In IIT JEE, the questions asked are conceptual and tricky while in NEET, questions are direct and much simple. Many questions asked in the NEET exam are picked directly from the NCERT books of Class 11 and Class 12.
The trend continues throughout your lives as a doctor or an engineer.
A doctor is successful if he or she can correlate the symptoms of a patient and diagnose the disease correctly – and can prescribe the best possible treatment in his or her case. An engineer is successful when he or she can identify the problems and be able to provide solutions to them.
At the topmost levels, a doctor’s work is cut out while an engineer has to find his or her own way.
Do you want Respect or Money?
The long hours you spend slogging during your NEET preparation seems worth it when you get to wear the white coat and the stethoscope – and all the patients refer to you as ‘Doctor Sa’ab’ or ‘Sir’. With time, your respectability soars – as you carve out a name in your respective field.
If you are good at your job, are patient with your patients and their caretakers, and have good communication skills, you are treated as ‘God’ by everyone you know. You are in demand during an emergency situation – and all your relatives and friends cherish your presence for the respectability associated with your profession.
Engineers have to wait for that kind of respect until they prove themselves in their respective workplace. However, if you are from one of the top engineering institutes in India, you might be earning more than a doctor fresh out of college. Every year, we hear news of engineers who get a salary package of over-a-crore at campus placements.
You must remember that the number of such high-salary-package-getters is minuscule and the income disparity between engineers and doctors reduces with time. In fact, if you have a clinic or a hospital of your own, you might be earning more than many top-ranked engineers around you.
Medical vs Non Medical, What Will Be Best For You? Ask Yourself:
Ask yourself these questions to access whether you’ll perform better as an engineer or a doctor. Whatever you choose, always make an informed decision. Do not give in to the peer pressure or the parental pressure. To be happy, you must learn to make your own choices, and then find ways to achieve your goals.
What To Do After 10th Class – List Of Courses After 10th Infographic
Since many students are seeking an advice on how to choose best career option after 10th class and which course would be best for them to pursue their dreams, we have summarized the list of most popular courses after 10th class in an infographic format. This infographic includes – after 10th courses list chart, after 10th diploma courses list, list of subjects in various courses; and which stream to choose after 10th among arts, commerce & science.
Author Nishant Sinha is the co-founder of emedicalprep.com, an Online Medical Coaching platform for Medical Entrance Exams like NEET (earlier known as AIPMT), AIIMS and other school entrance exams aiming for a career in the Medical sector. He is passionate about making Doctors and Medical aspirants meet their goal (NEET or AIIMS). The mission was clear to give breakthrough education to the students in the field of online Medical Exam Preparations and make them pass with flying colors in exams such as NEET, AIIMS or other medical entrance exams. For this dream of his, he left his lucrative career in one of the American Management Consulting firms named Kurt Salmon Associates. He can rightly be called an optimistic entrepreneur and passionate educationist. You can check his LinkedIn profile to know more about him.
All that you need to know about long term investment in PPF
Public Provident Funds, abbreviated as PPF, is exceptionally beneficial to save tax. But what it is & how could it prove as a tax saving instrument, let’s know it in a better way:
- What is PPF & How to open a PPF Account
- What documents would you require to open PPF account?
- How to make a PPF investment and get returns from PPF Account?
- Is PPF returns tax-free and does it come under 80C?
- Can the PPF account be opened online?
- Can the PPF account be opened for a minor?
- Can the PPF account be transferred?
- Does PPF have compound interest?
- How to earn maximum interest from PPF Account?
- Can the PPF account be seized by the court?
- Can PPF amount be withdrawn from any branch?
- Who will get the PPF amount, on the death of the holder?
- Can the PPF account be closed before maturity?
PPF is Govt.’s long-term debt scheme, wherein one can earn a massive tax-free return just by investing some amount. This return is usually more than the return on FDs by banks. Anyone can take its benefit, either a salaried employee or self-employed person. It gives a double advantage to the PPF holder, on the one side, a secure investment with the definite handsome return and on the other hand, a safe and legal way to save the tax.
What is PPF & How to open a PPF Account
PPF Account: For a definite period, one can open and invest in PPF account. It will make you eligible for fixed earnings on the amount being invested by you. To open PPF account, you can go to any authorized bank/branch, a nationalized bank or even a post office.
What documents would you require to open PPF account?
- Fill the required details in the form provided to you.
- Attach your photograph at the required place.
- You must have a PAN card because it is necessary to mention a PAN number in the form.
- Anyhow, if you don’t have PAN then attach a copy of passport, Aadhar Card or ration card or voter’s ID card.
- You have to deposit minimum Rs. 500 in PPF account.
That’s enough to create your PPF account. You will be provided Passbook after recording each of your details.
How to make a PPF investment and get returns from PPF Account?
- From 1st to 5th of a month, you can invest. April is considered as the best time to invest in PPF account.
One can make the maximum investment of Rs. 1.5 Lakh annually. In one year, a maximum number of installments are 12 only.
- From the 5th day to month’s last day, whatever the lowest balance left, on that amount interest is being calculated.
- Return is fully guaranteed in PPFs, but the rate of return keeps on changing every quarter or year.
- One can withdraw 50% of the lower of either balance at the 4th year’s end or of the preceding year.
- The maturity period will end after 15 years. After maturity, you will get three options:
Withdraw the entire amount. This whole amount is exempted from tax.
Extend the account by five years & make more contributions.
Extend & earn interest for more years, without contributing more amounts.In case of PPF extension, if you want to withdraw some amount, then 60% of the amount remained on starting of extended years, can be withdrawn. But if you aren’t contributing further and want to extend, then withdrawal can be of any amount.
Is PPF returns tax-free and does it come under 80C?
The amount contributed in PPF is entirely exempted from tax up to Rs. 1.5 Lakh. This exemption is available as per section 80C of Income Tax Act. You will neither be taxed for accumulated PPF returns nor for the withdrawal amount or amount you get on maturity. From all the sides, you are safe from a tax point of view.
Can the PPF account be opened online?
Yes. It’s possible to open a PPF account online. In selected bank branches only, you can get your PPF account opened. For the even online opening of an account, you have to deposit required documents, photographs and ID proofs as demanded. The online process differs from bank to bank.
Can the PPF account be opened for a minor?
Yes, parents can open the PPF account in the name of their child below the age of 18 years. The income from it will get merged with parents’ income. Either father or mother, anyone, can open it, but they can’t do so individually in the name of the same child.
Can the PPF account be transferred?
Yes, it’s possible to transfer the PPF account, if this account has become a hassle for you. Follow these simple steps to transfer your PPF account to any bank or post office:
- Fill the transfer request form and submit it to post office or bank, in which account was opened.
- Pay Rs. 500 to discontinue the account.
- The bank or post office, from where you want to discontinue, will transfer all your original documents like nomination form, account opening application, specimen signature and all.
- The bank will also send DD or cheque of the amount outstanding in PPF account. These will be transferred to the new bank or post office where holder wants to shift.
- After transfer, the holder has to deposit fresh account opening form, fill the nomination form (if required) and submit original PPF passbook.
- Deposit your KYC documents.
Does PPF have compound interest?
Yes. On balance left in the PPF account, annually, interest is being compounded. Every month its calculation is done on balance left from 5th day to month’s last day.
How to earn maximum interest from PPF Account?
To get excessive interest, invest at least Rs. 1 lakh in the starting of the financial year. Before the 5th April of each year, you will get maximum interest, as it follows accounts as per financial year. To deposit amount every month, remember always to deposit before the 5th day of that particular month. In this way, you will get the whole month’s interest. By following these simple tricks, you will be able to get more benefit of this saving option.
Can the PPF account be seized by the court?
No, this will not happen in any circumstance. You are entirely safe to invest in it & will never get a seizure order from the court ever.
Can PPF amount be withdrawn from any branch?
This is a big question, and people always want its answer that whether it’s possible to withdraw PPF amount from any bank or its necessary to withdraw only from the bank where the PPF account has been opened? Then its answer is yes. Government banks give you the facility to withdraw amounts from a different bank branch, but post offices will not give you this service. For this, follow the following procedure:
- Get ready your KYC documents and form C. Submit it to the bank along with a copy of passbook, ID proof and proof of address.
- Submit a canceled check of the bank in which you want your PPF amount. Keep original as well as a copy of canceled cheque in with yourself.
- Go to the local branch of your bank. Give the reason for withdrawal to the bank. You have to sign some documents at the bank. To fulfill queries of the bank, you have to visit your regional bank branch.
- The bank itself transfers the documents to the bank where you want to get withdrawal.
- The bank will complete the process under NEFT or RTGS process. You can follow it to withdraw either full or partial amount as well.
Who will get the PPF amount, on the death of the holder?
In such a case, the PPF nominee will get the entire amount. The holder, while completing the procedure of opening a PPF account, gives the name of a nominee. Anyhow, if nominee’s name has not been mentioned, then that amount will go to the legal heir.
Can the PPF account be closed before maturity?
Yes. Now its possible to withdraw the entire amount before maturity, but in some instances only. For higher education of children or case of severe ailment, you can do premature withdrawal amount from PPF account. As a penalty, 1% interest, you have to forget. In this way, in extreme circumstance, it is possible to close the PPF account before completing the maturity period.
Hope this information will help you a ton and your all queries regarding this secure long-term investment get solved. Anyhow, if you have any question or information to share with the public regarding it, then don’t forget to tell us in the comment box.
What Is CIBIL Score and How It Is Calculated!
Till now, you had to spend Rs 500 to Rs. 1200 to know your credit score or CIBIL score, but do you know, now you can check your CIBIL score for free? Yes! You can check your credit score on the official website of Credit Information Bureau, without spending a single penny and can quickly know that as per your CIBIL score, at what interest rate and monthly EMI, you can take the loan from the bank.
Why good credit score is important: In the recent years, almost every bank has changed its policies and added a clause for good credit scorers. According to it, good credit scores will not only help in getting the loan on easy EMI terms, but also will assist in getting concessions in interest rates. For example, People having CIBIL score more than 760 in home loans for Bank Of Baroda, will get the loan at 8.35% interest rate only.
If your CIBIL score is not good, then you may face hurdles in getting your loan approved. As per the latest policies regarding credit score, if your previous loan repayments and the transaction record is stable, then the bank can even lessen your monthly EMI.
Frequently asked questions about Credit Score: Due to lack of the proper information regarding credit score, many people have doubts regarding it, like, what is CIBIL Score, how much CIBIL score is considered good, how to check CIBIL report online and how to improve credit score?
There would be many who need to know how credit score is calculated, if one has done negligence in previous transactions and loan repayments how to handle this situation of lousy track record. Here, in this article, we are bringing an answer to each of these questions & that too in straightforward words so that you can understand each term easily.
If you still have any query to ask or have valuable information about CIBIL score to share with our readers, then you can post it in the comment section at the end of this article.
What is a Credit Score?
How does CIBIL Bureau work: Trans-Union Credit Information Bureau India Limited (generally known as CIBIL) is India’s first ever credit information company, which keeps the transaction record of loans and credit cards, as provided by the banks in India.
CIBIL keeps the record of all reputed banks, creditors, commercial bodies and not only this, more than 2400 financial institutions are part of it. CIBIL maintains a complete record of above 550 Million accounts & credit records worldwide. Amazed, right? This huge database is the very reason behind the high credibility of CIBIL credit scoring algorithm.
हिंदी में पढ़ें: सिबिल स्कोर कितना होना चाहिए
These records are submitted by banks and other creditors to CIBIL on a monthly basis, and this information is then used to prepare the Credit Information Report (CIR) of creditors and to decide credit score so that lenders can judge the loan application of person by their financial records.
Why is it necessary to have a good CIBIL score?
Credit/CIBIL score plays a significant role in the loan approval process in any bank. Whenever you fill a loan application form, then the lender bank or the lender company inspect each detail of your credit report regarding your previous loan history. After analyzing your repayment capacity, lenders decide whether to lend you a loan or not. If your credit score is too low, then the lender will immediately deny to give you any loan.
How credit score is calculated: In simple words, CIBIL score presents your credibility in financial dealings, that whether you have repaid the previous loan amount by following the guidelines of the bank timely or not. If you have not paid EMI correctly or have not paid the loan as per the terms and within the stipulated period, then this behavior may add up to a bad credit score and can have adverse effects on your future loan approvals.
How much Credit Score is good?
As per CIBIL, the measure of credit score can be from 100 to 1000 points. Points less than 650, are considered as poor, that means, if your score is less than 650 then you may face difficulty in getting credit cards and loans. On the other hand, points more than 750 are considered as a good credit score. You will not face any hassle in getting loan from various banks or getting the credit card if your score is above 750 points.
- Excellent Credit Score: 750+
- Good Credit Score:700-749
- Fair Credit Score: 650-699
- Poor credit Score: 600-649
- Bad Credit Score: below 600
What would be Credit Score if there’s no credit history
What if you never had a credit card or loan before: If you are applying a loan for the first time or applying for a credit card, then in the column of credit score in CIBIL table, N/A will be written. In this situation, the bank will check out your monthly income, bank statement of the previous six months and by estimating your payment capacity, the bank will set credit card limit or can approve or disapprove your loan.
How to check credit score online?
To know your credit score, go to the official website of CIBIL, https://www.cibil.com/freecreditscore/ and fill your PAN Number, Date of birth, monthly income and other necessary details and then click on submit. After submission, a new page will open up. Here again, you will have to fill your information; however, details regarding PAN card will automatically get filled.
After it, you will get an email from CIBIL, in which you will get a link and password for your CIBIL account. After clicking on the link, you will be directed to a new page, here do login by filling your email id and password that you got in your email. After getting logged in, you will be asked to change your password. After setting the new password, your CIBIL Account will be logged out.
Then, login again with your new password. After login, you will get your credit score. Remember, through this process of checking CIBIL score; you will get information about credit score only. For any further detail, you have to pay fees of Rs. 500 to Rs. 1200.
How to improve your credit score?
Although, it’s not an easy task to improve your bad credit, as it takes a huge time to cover up, yet, your continuous efforts to fix credit score can prove fruitful to you. Here are some essential points, you should consider to improve your credit score:
- Firstly, thoroughly review your credit report by requesting its free copy. By doing so, you will come to know all the loopholes, errors and other faults. In case of errors in the credit report, you can confidently tell your point to the credit bureau.
- Make your payments on time & set proper reminders for it. You can enroll to automatic fees and get your loan installments, or EMIs paid on time.
- Make a proper payment plan, wherein, mention your budget, all accounts, loans taken, their interests, etc. In this way, you come to know about credit with the highest interest & can manage to lessen loans by maintaining the accounts accurately.
- Don’t put a negative impact by delaying bill payments. If you have neglected it before, then start making bill payments on time. Your these efforts will fade the earlier negative implications.
- Anyhow, if you are facing problem in setting your credit score, then it’s better to take the help of a credit counselor. This way will help you improve your credit score.
- Outstanding debt is dangerous. So keep your credit card balances low always.
- Pay the credit card balance on time. Don’t delay.
- You can raise your scores, by showing unused credit cards, so don’t close these down.
- If you don’t need those, then don’t issue new credit cards. More accounts mean less average account age, as it can prove risky for credit scores. So, if you can manage credit within the short span, then don’t open new accounts.
These are pretty hacks to improve your credit score. If you follow these thoughtfully & don’t open new accounts often, make payments on time, don’t leave any outstanding credit card balances, then slowly, you will be able to get your credit report improved.
(With inputs from Komal Singla)
Entertainment1 year ago
Movie Review: Sher-e-Hind rekindles patriotism with Hind Ka Napak Ko Jawab
Entertainment1 year ago
Jattu Engineer Is A Rib-Tickling Laughriot With An Inspirational Tale – Movie Review
Think It Loud2 years ago
5 Famous Fathers and their Talented Daughters
Health2 years ago
Product Review: MSG 7-7 Shampoo & 9 Bar 9 Hair Oil
NewsNerd1 year ago
Saint Dr Gurmeet Ram Rahim beats Modi, Sachin, SRK in the Race of “The Most Loved Indian”
Entertainment1 year ago
10 Reasons Why Jattu Engineer Is A Must Watch Movie
Entertainment1 year ago
‘MSG Online Gurukul’ to Unveil The Secrets of The Universe – First Look Out
Entertainment1 year ago
Baahubali 2 – The Conclusion Movie Review : Rajamouli Makes Mahishmati Grand